Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What a Beautiful Savior!

The Lord is so beautiful to me, more and more every day. He picked me up when I couldn't do anything good on my own and has lead me through life in such a loving way!

As I was doing some Spanish study today, I ran across this verse in Matthew 8:2--"
¡SeƱor, si quieres, puedes limpiarme!" ["Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."] The man speaking was considered unclean by those around him. He was marred by "leprosy" (although the text note in my Bible says the Greek referred to a skin condition, not just leprosy), and unable to do anything about it. That is just the way that we are in our sin. But Jesus, who doesn't have anything making Him unclean, chooses to heal us with only a word!! He died to cleanse us. How beautiful is that!!

This afternoon, as I was studying for a nursing test, I was listening to some worship music, and one of my favorite songs came on. I thought I'd share it. It always reminds me of how, without Christ, I am no better than anyone else. I am an orphan, adopted by my Father, a whore, sought by my Husband, and a runaway, lost until He found me. He has given me everything. Praise Him!! How could I refuse to share His love with those around me?

You are on our side (Bethany Dillon)
The orphan clings to Your hand
Singing the song of how he was found
The widow rejoices
For her oppressors are silenced now

You sit at the table with the wounded and the poor
You laugh and share stories with the thief and the whore
When You could just be silent and leave us here to die
Still, You sent Your Son for us
You are on our side

The runaway falls at Your feet
You are what he has searched for
The rich man is broken
When he stands beneath a sky full of stars

You sit at the table with the wounded and the poor
You laugh and share stories with the thief and the whore
When You could just be silent and leave us here to die
Still, You sent Your Son for us
You are on our side

No comments: