Friday, February 2, 2007

Conferences and schedules

Emily went to the CEC conference with the BCM today. I felt kind of weird not going, since we usually do everything together. I hope she has fun though. I had to stay home and study. :( I also think that my immune system is still a little bit weak from being so sick with pnuemonia, and I was afraid that if I went and stayed up late every night I would come home coughing and wheezing again. I can't get sick again. I have way too much stuff to do. So, I made the decision that I needed to stay home and rest and study. I felt really weird being the only person in the BCM that wasn't going to the conference. Pretty much every conversation I had went something like this: [Me] "I hope that you have fun on the trip!" [Other person] "But you are coming, right?" [Me] "No, I just can't make it this time." [O.P.] "You're not!? You're just joking, right?" [Me] "No, I'm really serious. I can't come!" [O.P] "WHY?"
And so I felt pretty small by the time I finally ended up leaving the BCM.... Oh, well. I would imagine that they probably got over their tears by now and are rocking out to the concert that is supposed to start any minute. lol! ;-)

I have two tests next week and three or four the next, so I have a lot coming up. I am a little bit nervous about my tests in two weeks, because I have my first exams in both A&P II and Micro. I'm sure they will be hard. I think that if I study some this weekend and a little bit all next week that I'll be okay. The only thing that really worries me is that I won't have any chance to study next weekend because we will be going to the Bentley camp, and both of my hard tests are within two days of our getting back. But I'll just pray that God will help me remember all of the material. I probably should stay home from camp, but I just can't. Camp is like my spiritual oasis, and I need that. I feel like I'm so hungry to hear God's Word preached right now, and I think that for my spiritual growth I really need to go.

Well, I'd better get to bed. I've got to get up early and get studying tomorrow!!

No comments: