Thursday, February 1, 2007

random thoughts

That last post was kinda just to test the whole thing out... This is pretty cool, actually. :)

I have been so busy with school lately. This semester I am taking A&P II (both the lab and the lecture), Microbiology, Sociology, Psychology, and Dietetics. So I'm pretty busy. I really like my A&P teacher this semester. She's much better than Dr. Nelson, who taught A&P I last semester. She actually seems enthusiastic about her lectures, not bored like Dr. Nelson was. It makes it a lot more interesting when the professor actually seems interested.

I think that God is giving me a chance to witness to a girl from school. I don't have any classes with her this semester, but she and I have the same teacher for psychology. I met her last semester in one of my classes. She is married and has two kids, but I think that she's probably only about 2 years older than me. Last week we exchanged phone numbers so that we could call each other about our classes. She has called me a lot since then, and she loves to talk about her problems. I really don't know what to tell her. She seems very disfunctional. She is bipolar, and one of her main issues seems to be anger. She is always describing for me how she is going to get revenge on people. It's really sad. But I really don't know what I should say. I'm just praying that God gives me an opportunity to witness to her. She doesn't seem to know anything about His love.

I am applying for a job at the hospital tomorrow. I really have no idea what kind of job I will get or if they will even hire me, but I really need the money. I can only work for about 12 hours a week, though. I am going to try to get in touch with the head RN tomorrow. I just want to be able to talk to her and explain everything to her and see if she would be able to put me somewhere. I'm really not certified to do any medical care until I start my nursing clinical classes next semester, but I think that it would be really great to get the hospital experience. I was talking to one of my nursing school friends today who is already in clinicals, and she said that if possible, I really need to try to learn how to do some basic care things (changing sheets, bathing, etc.) before I start clincals. So I really don't know what I'll be doing if I get hired. I was originally thinking office work, but if I could get some healthcare experience, that would be great too.

No comments: